HelpMaster v17 and above
The HelpMaster v17 Web portal logs out immediately after a job is logged. This is due to the "Host Name" used in the site url not corresponding to a trusted host on the domain.
After installing the HelpMaster v17 Web portal and loging a new job, you are immediately logged out of the portal but the job is successfully logged and appears fine after logging back in. This occurs every time a new job is logged.
Follow the instructions in the linked articles above to resolve this issue. If the "Allow AD credentials..." does not resolve this issue then proceed with the "Using Host Names..." registry edit as outlined below.
To cater for the security enhancement introduced in the Dot.Net Framework v4.5 and above versions, your IIS host name, IP address, registered domain name, machine name, FQDN, and/or alias needs to be added to a registry key on the IIS server hosting the HelpMaster Web Module as follows;
1. Click Start, click Run, type 'regedit', and then click OK,
2. In Registry Editor, navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0,
3. Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value,
4. Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER,
5. Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify,
6. In the Value data box, type the host name or the host names for the sites (all host names that may be used in the request URL) of the local computer, each on a new line and then click OK,
7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the workstation or server. The problem will not be resolved until the machine has been restarted.
Internet Explorer settings - http://www.helpmasterpro.com/Community/Discussion-Board/aft/126.aspx#126
Microsoft MSDN article - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc982052%28v=vs.90%29.aspx
Microsoft Knowledge Base article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896861